Recommended US books for your hols
So "June" was overly optimistic? Never mind, those of you who plan to leave late this year will still be able to do so with a book by P&P (only in German!) under their arm.
We shall keep you posted...
To please those of you who are about to leave, let me copy Robert Saladrigas's list of six US "heavyweights," six "modern classics" published in daily paper La Vanguardia's latest cultural supplement (cultura/s #367):
1) Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson (Farrar Strauss & Giroux, 2007; or Picador paperback, reprint 2008);
2) Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates (Greenwood Press, 1961; or Mass Market paperback, 2008);
3) The Sorrows of an American: A Novel by Siri Hustvedt (Holt, 2008; or Picador paperback, reprint 2009);
4) Indignation by Philip Roth (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, hardcover or paperback, 2008);
5) A Mercy by Toni Morrison (Knopf, 2008; or Vintage paperback, 2009); and
6) Our story begins by Tobias Wolff (Knopf, 2008; or Vintage paperback, reprint 2009).
Tags : 6 books by American authors recommended by Robert Saldrigas
CommentairesAucun commentaire pour le moment
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires
Ajouter un commentaire